Thursday, August 6, 2009

Off to NOTOCON!

This weekend I will be attending NOTOCON VII, the seventh biannual national Ordo Templi Orientis convention, in Seattle. I've attended the six previous conventions as well, and say what you want about the OTO, they do know how to throw a great party. The speakers and presenters they manage to line up are also interesting and thought-provoking, so unlike some other conventions I've been know to attend I actually try to make it to most of them rather than spend the whole weekend just hitting parties and chatting with people. It's nice to get a chance to socialize with brothers and sisters from around the country and there are some folks who I really only get to see at these conventions every other year.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend. Here's wishing all of you the same!

UPDATE: I'm back and a good time was had by all. I always enjoy opportunities to connect with my brothers and sisters, and this time I picked up some interesting information about John Dee's Sigillum Dei Aemeth - one of the presenters made the case that some of the names that appear on the standard image were derived incorrectly. While I'm often skeptical about different ways of reworking Enochian, doing a new set of derivations based on the original text looks promising. I'll keep you posted on that when I finally get around to working with it.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: